There are different kinds of roofs, but here the focus is on different kinds of retractable roof systems as this type of roofs has a wide number of usages like car hardtop, observatory, stadium, swimming pool and other facilities.
Today retractable roof is a much sought after roofing system, especially when it comes to a private household. For example, you can install it over the deck, small swimming pool, winter garden, outdoor dining areas, hot tub, sports ground, and others.
- Advantages of Retractable Roofs
A retractable roof has several advantages, some of them are,
- It is really light in construction
- You save on electricity bills as you get free access to sunlight inside the room.
- You get protection from all kinds of inclement weather conditions.
- You get ample access to fresh air.
- The kind of materials you can use for retractable roofs are wood, soft roofing materials, polycarbonate, fabric materials. The best part is this kind of constructions is really easy to clean.
All you need to select the one which suits both your purpose and your budget.
Additionally, the retractable roof has great sound and heat insulation features. It comes in a number of colors which makes it the best choice for any kind of plot.
- Different Kinds of Systems
The retractable roof can be divided into the following types, based on different kind of features.
- It can easily be fully removable that is the whole roof or its parts can be removed from the place.
- It can be sliding telescopic, in this system, the roof is revealed on different sides;
- Partly sliding that is only part of the roof remains mobile.
- Also, the retractable roof can be divided into different types according to its purpose:
When it is used constantly, it is used all the year round.
According to different seasons, it can be used according to the requirement of seasons, like some retractable roofs are usually used during the summer.
- Retractable roofs are used for Lightweight or Mobile Constructions
Additionally, the retractable roof can either be built as a conventional construction or it can be attached to the building. Also, other places where retractable roofs can be installed are, over the detached buildings, such as an observatory, a garage, a gazebo and so on.
There are different types of the retractable roof structures like louvered retractable roofs, which are just right for swimming pools. Also, the retractable roof can also be made from panels or blinds.
The residential retractable roof is usually functional and a pretty useful construction. But also it is imperative to look at the unique construction of retractable roof stadiums, especially the one like baseball stadiums.
If you want to install the retractable roof at your greenhouse, home swimming pool, and other small buildings. In this case, you have to consider the following aspects:
- The kind of design;
- The kind of construction
- What kind of temperature should be maintained in the indoors under the retractable roof;
- The frequency of opening;
- The kind of the system and the particular mechanism used to open the roof.
The different kinds of retractable awnings and retractable roofs can make you spoilt for choice really. So pick and choose the right one suited for your home or the area where you want it for and you will be sorted.